Monday, July 9, 2012

Why I'm Glad... I'm Not Allowed to Have a Boyfriend

 There are so many parents who let their 10-12 year olds have boyfriends.
I'm not judging them, but this is why I'm glad my parents don't allow it:
        If I had one...
  1.I would be trying to impress him all the time.
  2.He would be an obsession.
  3.I'm 10 years old
  4.I would be giving a piece of my heart away every time I have a boyfriend.
 
 God has a special boy out there for every girl. And when the time comes for that boy
I don't want half my heart to have already been given away. Right now my heart is for
God and God only.

 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. Matthew 5:8

   More on this soon...

2 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

Good for you for being so wise on this subject.

Just to let you know - I have a young lady that was your age when I started teaching her at church - she just gradated high school this year & she refused to date or put her interest in boys at her age. She said she felt like God wanted her to focus on family & education. Life is hard enough as a teenager & to complicate things even more wouldnt keep her heart focused on God - so its very possible & this is one of the most amazing young ladies I know.
So you're not alone! :)

Piper said...

Oh Emma!! You are so smart!! I think if it is up to your Daddy, you will be 30 before you have a boyfriend!! I tell Kaitlyn all the time she don't need no stinkin' boyfriend!! And I tell Spencer he doesn't need no stinkin' girlfriend!!
I am so proud of you!! Keep your eyes on the Lord!!!